Follow TheFensk

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Okay, NaNoWriMo has started.  It is November 1.

I managed a fair start with 1813 words this morning.  Only slightly more than 48,000 to go. 
Ack, that doesn't sound so good, does it? 

Ah, but it is a start and that's all I needed.  For those of you unfamiliar with the National Novel Writing Month ... basically one commits to writing a rough draft novel in 30 days, which averages out to 1667 words a day.  Getting in more than 1667 words builds what I call a word buffer.  

My general NaNoWriMo writing routine is to get up early and try to hammer out my word count first thing in the morning.  I got a slow start today because I stayed up later than I would have liked last night.   Looking forward to the Daylight Savings Time switch this weekend ... that should help.  It is all about getting into a routine. 


No comments: