Follow TheFensk

Friday, November 23, 2012

Day Twenty-Three

Okay, I took a couple of days off of posting.  Sorry.  Things get hectic around here on the way to Thanksgiving.   I did write on day 21, Wednesday.  I hit a minimal 1700+ words and pushed myself to about 47500 or so words.  Just a rough guess. 
Thursday, I was busy with some cleaning and a LOT of cooking.  Menu was Turkey and Dressing,  a green bean casserole (family recipe, definitely not your usual green bean casserole), two family gelatin salads, one from Gretchen's family and one from mine.  A corn casserole and a sweet potato "pudding" recipe ... both of which have been added over the years.  We had a smattering of other things, like the requisite cranberry sauce and olives.  Also a couple of things people brought, a spinach/artichoke dip and some deviled eggs. 
All in all it was a good day.  But no writing.  I didn't write last Thanksgiving either.  I had a buffer going into Thursday of over 12,000 words. 
Today, day 23 I managed a minimal word count, but since I was off today, I managed to kick back in gear and crank out another thousand or so words.  I pushed my self over 50,000.  This is five days earlier than I have ever hit 50,000 words before.  So there is no question of being called a "winner" on NaNoWriMo this year but ... the novel draft is still not finished.  I think I have at least two good days of writing ahead to actually call this draft finished. 
So, I'm pushing on ... the novel will come in at whatever word count it ends up with. 

No comments: