Follow TheFensk

Friday, November 02, 2012

I had a good morning, pushing my word count to 4052 words.  That gives me a daily average of slightly over 2000 words a day.  That is my theoretical personal goal, 2000 words a day, a bit more than the NaNoWriMo goal of 1667.  Anything over that 1667 number builds my buffer and the more buffer I have, the more I know I can slack off if I need to.  The funny thing is, in the past I have become a miser with that buffer.  I covet it.  I don't want to let it go.  But it is nice to know it is there in case I feel I need it.  Last year I missed only one day in writing during NaNoWriMo ... Thanksgiving Day.  And I had every intention of writing that day too, I just ended up being too busy.  I felt guilty all day too ... and I was close to the end as well ... which only added to the guilt.  Why?  Because when you start on a project like this, it takes on a mind of its own, that's why.  The creative process churns and percolates and molds your ideas into constructs that veer into directions you never ever thought it might go when you first started the project.  By the time you are down into the 20+ days you can't wait to see how it comes out! 

No comments: