Follow TheFensk

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day EIGHTEEN ...

Today I broke the 40,000 word mark.  Offically at 40,886.  Just over 3200 words today.

The coolest thing, and the scariest thing about hitting 40,000 are both related.  As one approaches 40,000 words, it can be really easy to have some anxiety about writing so many words.  Where it it going?  What is the point?  Even with a plan, even with an outline, it is easy to veer off into some uncharted territory.  I have been doing this of late.  A huge diversion.  It seemed like a good idea, but I wasn't sure of exactly where it was going.  After finishing today, I came up with a new idea, a new angle.  It HAS a point.  Yay.  That is the cool thing  At 40,000 words, it is almost magic.  The idea just popped into my head.  The pieces are fitting together in my head like a jigsaw puzzle.  Wow. 

No comments: