Follow TheFensk

Friday, November 09, 2012

Day NINE.   I stopped just short of 20,000 words today.  My day's total was 1716 words.  I stand at 19725 words.  This was my lowest daily word count in 9 days but I was tired this morning because I was up later than usual last night and decided to sleep in an extra 40 minutes or so. 
Still, I managed more words that the theoretical minimum of 1667.  And even if I hadn't managed that,  I have a good buffer.  Still, I am a miser with my buffer. 
Do I feel bad about my lower production today?  No.  This is because I introduced a major story element, one that will drive my main character on toward the climax and conclusion of the story.  Up to this point I have been introducing my character and his surroundings.  There have been explanations and flashbacks.  Good for the backstory and generally good for raw wordcounts,  but it is time to take a sharp left turn and start moving this puppy along.  This is what I accomplished today and I feel very good about it. 

No comments: