Follow TheFensk

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 17.  I am now slightly over the 75% point, at least as far as 50,000 words are concerned.

Official count is 37645 words.   Just over 3100 words today.  I think that is my best count so far this year, certainly way over my average, which currently stands at over 2200 words a day.

One of the stats on the NaNoWriMo site is a count of how many words you need to currently average to just finish on November 30 ... mine is now about 800 words.  I think that stat works a lot better if you are behind ... it tells you "you need to bump it up to 1800 words a day now to catch up and win."  But in my perspective, it is interesting.  Like I am going to slack off now and just cruise with 800?  Nope. 

The story is trucking along ... the main character has a crisis going on ... his last crisis before the big climax of the story.  Not sure how close to 50,000 I will end this thing.  It may well go over.  That's okay  with me. 

No comments: